No One Knows - J.T. Ellison

Anyone who knows me knows that I love a good book with twist and turns. This book was definitely one of those books! Now, while I enjoyed the read and the constant suspense, this book was just OK for me. I really enjoyed the side romance plot, the hatred between some characters, and the action that was riddled within the story.

This book starts off with a woman who had lost her husband. Literally, he disappeared! Our main character Aubrey went to a party with her husband and by the end of the night, when they found her apartment drenched in the blood of her husband, she was being accused of murder.

The story starts as soon as her husband is being declared dead by the state. We go through the turmoil Aubrey faced the night her husband disappeared, as well as the tragically romantic beginning to her and her husband’s relationship.

Through all of this, a man shows up that is just like her husband. His movements, his personality, everything about this man reminds her of his husband. Of course, he has secrets and we find out about him when the book switches to his point of view.

One of the things I did like about this book was the different point of views it was told in. We got to see things through Aubrey’s view, the mysterious man, the mother in law, and the disappearing husband. One of the things I didn’t like was the way that Aubrey was actually nice to her mother in law. The lady who accused her of murder and tried to ruin her life, literally up until the plot twist at the end of the story. Screw that.

Now, I like plot twists. They keep me intrigued and interested in the story. Having said that, I prefer my plot twists to happen before the end of the friggin’ story!!! I mean, you don’t actually find out what happens until the VERY END OF THE BOOK! Drove me crazy, but it kept me reading the book.

This book was an OK read for me. I liked the in depth development of the side characters, the variety of point of views, and the late, but oh so interesting twist at the end of the book. If you are looking for a story with strong romantic elements to it, this book is not for you.

While there is some romance with Aubrey and the mystery man, it is not that intense or detailed. However, if you want a good mystery with shady characters that you love to hate, or a book to read that will keep you interested while you need to kill some time, this is a read for you.