Love is Darkness (Valerie Dearborn, #1)

Love is Darkness (Valerie Dearborn, #1) - Caroline Hanson I really liked this book, but had to take away a star for the typo's I found throughout. I know that it happens, but when there are more than a few it starts to get really annoying. The main character Valerie is really likable and real. She is not perfect nor is she so damaged that you feel sorry for her. The connection she has the main men in the book is interesting and kept me on the edge of my seat to see who she was going to pick. I really liked Lucas from the beginning of the book. Even though I see the appeal, I am not a fan of Jack. I think I need more background and character development for him. In this book we at least get a few chapters in Lucas' point of view which helps with that. I have not been a big fan of the love triangle thing that so many authors have been using lately and like I said, I kept reading in hopes of finding out who Val picked. Sadly, this book didn't answer that and left quite a cliffhanger, so I'll be moving on to the second book in the trilogy. I am hoping to get some resolution on that end and better editing. A girl can hope right?