Top Secret Twenty-One - Janet Evanovich

Poor Stephanie Plum just can’t seem to keep out of trouble. However, in this book she is the one that is the sidekick while Randy Briggs and Ranger are the ones having serious problems. Randy Briggs is the most annoying person (I think) Steph has ever encountered and in this book she gets in way to deep to help someone she doesn’t even like. Ranger and Rangeman are victims of a terrorist attack by someone from his past. Grandma Mazur is back and she is at it again with Joe’s grandma Bella. This book was similar to every other book in this series, but for some reason I can’t stop reading them. Maybe it’s because no matter how many times I read about Stephanie’s apartment being blown up or the sexual tension with Ranger, I still find times during reading where I laugh out loud. That is worth it alone for me. I do have to say that I am ready for a resolution with who Steph wants to be with. I was hoping for some of that in this book, but nope.

All I got was that Ranger has considered marrying Steph and that Morelli is the one that she is playing with between the sheets. I’d like to see Steph’s character develop some at least to the point where she can make a choice. It’s going be a tough one with two incredibly sexy men that love her to choose from. Whether she decides to choose in the next book or four books later I am still a fan of this series. It is usually a hit or miss with me with these books and this one and the last one were both hits.