Mystery Man - Kristen Ashley

Mystery man is the first book in the Dream man series. After meeting a man at a bar and taking him home with her, Gwendolyn Kidd has a mind blowing night of sex. What she doesn’t expect is that this man would keep coming into her room in the middle of the night for the next year and a half giving her repeat performances. Hoping that she can get him into a relationship, Gwen doesn’t mind these naughty romps in the sack. Problem is she doesn’t know anything about him, not even his name.

While trying to decide to end the crazy relationship with mystery man, Gwen’s sister, Ginger gets in a boatload of trouble and drags Gwen right in the middle of it. Gwen has no idea what is going on with Ginger, but she knows it is no good and that her life and that of her sisters is in serious trouble. Gwen’s mystery man has been keeping tabs on her since she took him home with her. He knows she is in deeper than she can imagine and he steps up to keep her safe.

This begins the rocky and oh-so-fun relationship between mystery man Hawk and Cosmo Girl Gwen. They must endure drive-by shootings, firebombs, kidnappings, and hot pursuits by a biker hottie and sex-on-a-stick police detective. Gwen has to make some tough choices. Save her sister or be with the man of her dreams.

This is the third book I have read by Kristen Ashley and I think it is safe to say I am officially a fan of her novels. This book was fantastic!

Gwen was so funny that I found myself laughing out loud at certain parts of the book. It was nice to have the comedic relief to some very serious situations in the book. I appreciated that she was kind of flighty, so much that she let a man come into her room to have sex with her for a year and a half without asking anything more from him.

Under any other circumstances I’m not sure this would have worked, but it totally did for Gwen and Hawk. Her sister was a total bitchy nut-job and in my opinion Gwen should have kicked her to the curb and let her to deal with her own mess. Alas, Gwen proved to be a better person than me.

Hawk. Oh my Lawd! Where can I sign up for some of that! Seriously. I want it and I will do anything to have it! Not to mention the other super sexy men that wanted a piece of Gwen. Let’s take a moment to appreciate detective Mitch Lawson and biker bad-ass Tack.

So many sexy men. I seriously think I need a cool shower now!

I loved the plot and the book size was perfect. This read wasn’t long like I have come to expect from the Colorado Mountain series, but just the right size for me and it had everything. On a side note, I found myself comparing this book and some of the characters to the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. I feel like Hawk was Rangers dirty twin and Elvira was a spitting image of Lula. It felt like there were some striking similarities, but in no way did it take away from the awesomeness of Mystery Man. I wish I could gush about how much I loved this book, but I will spare you from that. Just read this book. You will be happy you did!